MSDN Dive – Week 41
UML models helps you to design and understand your application architecture. Further, you can use the UML models for your documentation, not at least to make it easier for other developers to understand the application. With the new Visual Studio 2015, Microsoft made the Architecture and Modelling Tools available to more developers. The tools were only available for users of the Ultimate edition before. Now you can use the benefits of these tools in more or less all Visual Studio editions. Reason enough to have a look what you can do with these tools. So I want to show you some documentation about the Architecture and Modelling Tools in this weekly MSDN dive.
- Which features are supported in your version of Visual Studio.
- About Code Maps and Dependency Graphs.
- How to visualize your code.
- How to describe and communicate user requirements.
- What Code maps are.
- What Layer diagrams are.
- What UML models are.
- What Domain-specific language (DSL) are.
- An example of how the Architecture and Modelling Tools can be used in your projects.
- About the roles of different diagrams in the software development process.
- About UML Use Case diagrams.
- About UML Activity diagrams.
- About UML Class diagrams.
- About UML Sequence diagrams.
- How to model and validate your architecture.
There is a lot more stuff about this. – Coming next week!
Enjoy the MSDN!